Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Conclusion of the Silver Safety Pin Affair - Scene 13

I die laughing. *dies laughing*


___________________


Scene 13 – Venice


GB: We. Are on. A *gondola*! (does a little dance while sitting)


SH: (teasing) I never would have deduced, thank you for pointing that out.


GB: (giggles) Oh stop.


BW: (drags hand in the water) (sigh of contentment) This is nice…especially after all the craziness.


GB: It sure is.


SH: Quite. (closes eyes, dozes off)


GB: (softly) What were you saying about monkeys?


BW: (also softly) Are you kidding? You’ve never heard of the Venetian monkey gardens, famous

throughout the world?


GB: Um…no.


BW: You, my friend, have seriously missed out.


GB: I see…


BW: (excitedly) We’re going to the monkey gardens right now.


GB: Did I mention…


BW: (breaks in) That you have a monkey phobia?


GB: (giggles) I was going to say that…but I really don’t; I just like making up phobias.


BW: (smiles) You're too funny.


They float along in the sunshine; start going under a canopy of trees


BW: Ooo, we’re getting close! This is the start of the monkey gardens!


GB: Should we wake Holmes?


BW: Nah, when we start seeing cute widdle monkeys, then we will.


GB: Because he just *loves* cute widdle monkeys. (elbows BW playfully)


BW: (grins) There are people in this world who don’t? You jest.


Blur of fur comes flying through the air, attaches itself to SH


SH: (wakes immediately) GAAAH! GET THIS FLEABAG OFF OF ME! IT’S ATTEMPTING TO

STRANGLE ME, I KNOW IT!


GB: (drily) Yep, he just loves ‘em.


BW: Holmes! (grabs and cuddles the monkey) I think you’ve hurt its feelings. (strokes monkey)


SH: (indignant) *I* hurt *its* feelings? What about my near nervous breakdown? Of course, that

is of no consequence, everything is about that monkey. (crosses arms, turns away)


GB: (to BW) I think he’s tired.


BW: (crossly) What is he, two years old? (to SH) Oh grow up, Holmes!


GB: (slightly nicer tone) Holmes, remember when the hamster attacked me? And you told me to

just suck it up? Well, that’s what I’m telling you now. Suck it up.


SH: (sigh of exasperation) Fine. Just keep *it* away from me, if you please. (looks around) Where

are we? This isn’t the restaurant.


BW: (fidgets) I, uh, decided we should take a slight detour.


SH: (narrows eyes) And, where are we?


BW: (mumbles) The Venetian Monkey Gardens…


SH: (groans) (to the gondolier) Turn this boat around, I’m starving. (to BW) The monkey

gardens? Really?


BW: (wicked grin) Really. Even my limited sense of humor could evolve a better joke than that.


SH: (laughs in spite of himself) Oh, you.


GB: Um, Bre…I think the monkey needs to go back home now.


BW: (looks down into her arms) Oh, yes. (pause) You don’t think they’d mind if I kept it, do you?


SH: Oh believe me, they would mind very much, (in a low voice) as would I.


BW: Oh, fine. (lets monkey go) Bye bye, widdle monkey! (blows kiss)


GB: (stifles a laugh)


At the restaurant


GB: Pizza is very different when you’re actually in Italy…way less cheese, yes! (pumps fist)


SH: (smiles) And how is your vegetable lasagna, Bre?


BW: Awesome. (takes another bite) I'm so glad they make vegetarian food in Italy.


SH: (leans back) I remember when… (stops abruptly) Are you two trying to make this

uncomfortable?


GB, BW look puzzled


GB: What are you talking about, Holmes?


SH: (stiffly and coldly) I have no interest in playing footsie, thank you, ladies.


GB: (turns to BW) Bre! Talk about awkward!


BW: (distraught) What? I would *never* do that! I’m not touching you, Holmes!


SH: Then what… (monkey crawls up his leg) The little fiend has followed us! (jumps up and tries to

shake it off) (points at BW) I blame you for this! You caused it to form an emotional attachment

to our party! (continues hopping)


GB, BW laugh hysterically


Waiters come, remove animal


SH: (sits down, slightly ruffled, continues eating) As I was saying…


GB, BW cannot hold in their mirth, start laughing again


SH: (stares, then starts laughing with) I’m sorry for accusing you girls… (keeps laughing)


GB: (calming down) Oh my…


BW: (giggles) (in a deep voice) I have no interest in playing footsie, thank you ladies! (dies

laughing)


GB, SH crack up again


EXEUNT


4 comments:

  1. dies, absolutely dies laughing my dear Watson....oh that was hilarious!!!! I do wish you wouldn't make me choke...even my limited humor...footsie...he just loves them....I thunk that Grace wins...:-) LOLOLOLOL....rofl...ROFL...choke..choke..gasp...I thunk I'm dead...:-D
    Lady Amy..look, I'm sorry..but yeah..I'm laughing hysterically in my attic....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol well, if you thought this one was funny...wait til tomorrow :D

    I'll let you in on a little secret. When I first read scene 14 (tomorrow's), I was drinking a glass of water by the computer screen...and it was so funny I actually sprayed water all over the computer and the keyboard and desk I was laughing so hard. And then later, I was upstairs making lunch and thinking about it and I choked on my water up there too. lol It's really hilarious, you're going to have a hard time staying alive tomorrow ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't die, m'lady! =D This scene was so ridiculously fun and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! Playing footsie... *dies along with everyone else*

    ReplyDelete