Scene 1 - Smart Car
Bre and Grace are crammed in the smart car. Bre is driving.
Bre (greatly agitated): I’m telling you, dancing hogs are a danger to the minds of our youth!!!!!!
Grace (calmly): I don’t believe it would affect them in any way, actually.
Bre (exasperated sigh)
Pause
Bre: But what about the anchovies?!?!
Grace (puzzled): What about the anchovies?
Bre (throws hands up in the air)
Grace (grabs steering wheel): BRE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!??!!
Car careens out of control and goes off the road, rolls down a hill and into a tree.
Bre and Grace sit in stunned silence
Grace (sarcastically): Nice.
Bre and Grace exit the car and begin to assess the damage
Bre: Oh dear.
Awkward silence
Bre: Now what?
Awkward silence
Grace: You tell me.
Awkward silence
Bre (wails): NOW WE DON’T HAVE A CAR SO WE CAN FINISH OUR TOUR OF THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE!!!! (collapses on the ground sobbing)
Grace (stares blankly): How far are we from London?
Bre (stops wailing and stands up): 22.2 miles.
Grace: Okay then.
Bre: Why do you ask?
Grace: Why do you think I’m asking?
Pause
Bre and Grace: HOLMES!
Bre and Grace hear rustling in the bushes.
Bre (edges closer to Grace): What was that?
Rustling stops
Grace: Let’s go investigate…
Bre and Grace wander to bushes and begin inspecting ground
Bre (stops dead in tracks and points at ground): Grace…I found something…
Grace (comes over to see): What?
Pause as Grace looks at ground
Grace (gasps)
Bre (solemnly): I think we should let Holmes handle this.
EXEUNT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*screams in mad delight* Ah am soooo excited for this! :D I'm glad you guys finally started yo new story thang! :D Oh my goodness...this is gonna be good. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, btw, why did Bre crash the car? Why didn't Grace crash it?